Brandy new 84 GLI

Hey kids!
The 84 Jetta GLI that was such a steal @ $100 has proven itself to be a
Moneypit. I've already spent way too much money on this thing- its
rounding the $1000 mark...which wouldn't be bad at all if I could even
drive it! Today the Fuel pump has given up the ghost. No whining,
nothing. It worked fine when I went to lunch, when I got out of McD's,
no little fuel pump noise- it wouldn't start. I jumped the relay (not
sexually...) and all I got from the fuel pump was a nice solid THUNK.
Soon, I will have replaced EVERYTHING on the car, and it will be a brand
new car. I cant wait to do the Main bearings- I'm sure something like
that is next....

There's prolly a few of you laughing out there about $1000 for this
beast. I love the a-1 cars, but I cannot justify spending more than $600
on one. There's far too many going to the junkyard that are save-able
for almost no $. (guess this isn't one of them) .   My summer was
supposed to be spent showing the 58, but this Jetta crap has me unable
to fix a clutch problem ($$) on the Beetle. I just wanna drive my own
car again!!!!!

I know you don't care, but I needed to tell someboody...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen