Connect SCSI prph's to G3 IDE drive?

I am considering buying a desktop G3 with an IDE drive and
internal Zip. I have several postscript printers and a
scanner to attach to it. I have three questions:

1. I'm a little confused about these IDE drives. I hear they
are generally slower, but the G3 IDE is still faster than my
current 100mhz 7500 SCSI drive. Is that true?

2. Also, may I attach my 1 SCSI cable scanner to the IDE
without problems?

3. May I Appletalk or Ethernet (?) my current 7500 SCSI Mac
to the G3 IDE so they can share the same printers and/or
access each other's drives? I will have two printers
connected via the G3 printer port to a Belkin switch box.

I realize these questions are *simple*, but I've learned it
doesn't hurt to double-check! Would appreciate any thoughts
on this...

Summer