Re: Headers -n- Hoods

I bought one of the BMS headers for my '78 Scirocco (first VW/second car) back
when they first hit the market. It was only very slightly different from what is
out there today. I recall being pleased with the welds and overall apparent
quality of the product. However, it didn't make any more power than the TT
downpipe/stock 4/2 iron manifold. Well, maybe it made a couple of hp at over 5k
rpms, but that's about it. It was also very loud and eventually cracked three
years later. I've heard the same comments about every other header system on the
market *except* for SuperSprint.

Am I trying to dissuade you from buying this product? No -not exactly. Am I
telling you that it probably isn't *worth* buying given that the benefits are
minimal and the impracticality is obvious? Yes!

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut