RE: Blacked out front turn siganal lenses?

This is exactly how I did it. 'Nite Shades'. I didn't know they had it at
NApa though. I got mine mail-order through SUmmit Racing (V8 shop) for 7.99
a can. I needed a whole can to do my front turns as dark as I wanted.
It's hard to make it look good, but if you spend some time, it'll look
nice!  It cuts down the light emission considerably however.

At 10:23 AM 8/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I blacked out mine with a spray tint called Night Shades. I got it at a
>NAPA. The rears came out real good but on my front the paint ran into the
>little grooves on the edge of the lense and it kinda looked cheap. I
>recently busted a turn signal so I im going to redo them as soon as I can
find
>more tint paint. Its nice because you can get them fairly even and as dark
>as you want.
>
>Shannon Fenton
>Thank you for your time.
>sfenton@telegroup.com
>16volt@scirocco.org
>

>On 8/7/1998, John C. Worden wrote:
>I was checking out Scirocco.org and saw a pic of Al Russo's 16v and it
>has
>blacked out turn signal lenses.  Is Al on this list? And how is or was
>this
>done?  Thanks.
>

>Johnİİ '98  Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic
>tonneau,
>İİİİİİİİİİİİİİ  Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades, headlight/tailight covers
>
>İİİİİİİİİ '84İ Scirocco (under construction)
>          '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA