Starter Switch

Hey guys-
Mu ignition switch on the GLI just took a poop on me while I was trying
to go to lunch. My mecanic buddy's got one but he's like 15 miles away.
I have some left over wire in the car from my stereo install---if I pull
the plug on the back of the switch, which wires di I jump to make it in
the 'on' position? Which do I jump for the 'start' position. I'm sure
that SOMEBODY's done this. Please respond, its 2:15 now, I leave at 5
(if the car starts). THANKS!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen