Re: [non-Scirocco] Quantum Syncro Wagon

Wow, congrats... I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a synchro wagon
for a while now. Don't you feel like some sort of dievent, tratior? I
did when I tried to explain to people why I wanted a Quantum... We found
a nice Foxwagen instead...2 door stationwagen... I also just found a 70'
squareback that I think Id like to attempt. Another 2 door wagen...This
car would be a good go to work car...its automatic with A/C (!) and you
can lower a type 3 to the ground for free!

Good luck with the family/rally car-I'm jealous!

CHRIS
http://www.spredhaus.com
58 ragtop
84 GLi
87 Foxwagen
70 Squareback (?)

>Just wanted to share the joy with you all...
>    I just bought a Quantum Syncro Wagon
>1987, Silver, no rust whatsoever, 160K, needs muffler, diff lock
>actuating mechanisms don't work (haven't figured out why yet....),
front
>left speaker doesn't work, everything else is perfect, $1300. I think I
>stole it. This car is NICE! Much too nice for me! No rust, no rips in
>the interior, no stains, no nothing....
>    AND I took it 4-wheeling (carefully) last night and man, a 4-wheel
>drive VW is the ultimate! Not as fast as my Rabbit, but accelerating
out
>of turns on dirt with a Syncro is a whole new experience, let me tell
>you! No wheelspin!!! What's up with that? I think I like this car! And
>the 5-cylinder has loads more low end torque than my 1.8 JH.
>    Well, who else was I going to tell? Maybe I need to join the
Quantum