Re: Audi engine in VW

> Also, my friend was telling me that with a g-grind cam you have to sometimes
> grind the head down a little?  He suggested a eurocam from a GTI... do you know
> anything about this?

my cam just barely clears the ramps.  I can barely fit a feeler guage
in there I can see where it may have hit when someone else first
installed it.  idles a little rough.  other than that goes great.
anyone know what this is???????  It is a mystery to me.  I bought it
as a complete head other than the cam the head is stock.

Tony

Tell your friend to do a little more research because the solid lifter euro GTI
cam *is* the g-grind. And you don't have to grind anything away at all. In fact,
I've never heard of a need to clearance the head for any cams meant to be run
with fuel injected heads. Maybe this would be necessary for wild profile carb
cams, but I doubt it.

> Thanks for the help

No problem, bro. Ask me some more if you want.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut