Re: new to the list!

Alex Ting wrote:

> Hey Nigel,
> thanks for the welcome.
> Couple of questions though....
> how hard was your friends conversion?
> (specifically the motronic part of the swap)
> did he do it himself, or have it done?
> has he ever dynoed the car?
>
> I am seriously considering this swap, so any info
> and input from someone who has done this would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.....
>
> Alex Ting

I don't think it was that hard, takes some time and a lot of money thoughthe
hardest part was the electronics, he had a friend help him out with that.
he started out with a "superchips" and noticed a difference when he switched
to the techtonics chip.

i went to look at another 2.016v conversion that was for sale.. what a piece
of junk,
it had a ported head, chip, cams, nice exhaust but it was really slow. the guy
had it done by a "performance" shop and they did a really awful job.
so i guess tunning and care makes a huge difference on these engines

my friend's car has never been dynoed, but he's going to take it to the drag
strip this summer to get some quarter mile times . i think he's going to make
me drive it (he weighs twice as much as me)

good luck with your project, it's well worth it (i'm saving up for the same
thing too :-)

nigel