Re: Maine Forest Pro Rally

#%*(!@

Guys, I'  sorry to report that the Maine Summer Forest Rally kicked my black
ass. It took us 13 hours to get up there and 11 to get back. The crew and I
enjoyed about 12 hours sleep across 3 days. Entry fee was $300 and fuel and tow
expenses came to about $200. Okay, no big deal since I'm so wealthy, right?
NOT!

No, the ass kicking part came in the form of an offroad excursion leading to an
impact with a large pile of rocks. I was driving way too fast considering how
many loose rocks were all over the road. Plus, my navigator was off on his
mileages. That is, our rally odometer was calibrated for pavement and not the
dirt (lotsa wheelspin). Anyway, Mike mistook a 90deg "HARD" right for a "mild
sweeper" and we plowed off the road head first ending our day prematurely.

Crunch! We high centered the car on the dirt/rock pile, bending the driver's
side control arm and pushing the tire back into the fender. I then blew my
clutch trying to back off the pile although we had over 5 people trying to push
us off. @$^&#%~...

So, how long were we in the rally? -about 15 minutes/10 miles. Sigh... This
sport is rough as hell... -mostly on my bank account. :^) In comparison, our
last event in Pennsylvania was great. We moved up 30 positions and raced for
over 7 hours. Oh well...

I'm sorry that I didn't meet up with you, John. However, I did find Anthony
Pelletier up there at Oquossoc -after we were dropped off by the course sweep
crew. We'll see you next year! :^)

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut