RE: Rough shifting advice?

Date:          03 Aug 98 20:35:43 -0500
From:          Shannon Fenton <sfenton@telegroup.com>
Subject:       RE: Rough shifting advice?
To:            Scirocco List <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>,
               David Schrimpf <david@cybermail.net>

Also try the $10 shifter bushing rebuild kit.  very easy to put in
(once you are under the car anyway) cheap and it makes a world of
difference if you have a sloppy shifter.  Adjusting likage may also
help.  post again for info on adjusting linkage(we should put this in
the rocco list archives hint hint)  I could write a book trying to
explain how to adjust linkage.

Tony

Definately go to Redline MTL. I cant push this stuff enough. To make a
post that I have posted numerous times before short..had trouble getting
into first and second....had my 16V tranny flushed and filled at a VW dealer,
shifting got harder. Had it refilled with Redline and its a night and day
difference. Smooth and quiet even into first.

Shannon Fenton
Thank you for your time.
sfenton@telegroup.com
16volt@scirocco.org