No Subject

The Kumhos are of the stickier auto-x compound.  I am running
205.55.14s on my ES 16v rocco.  I DID NOT get them shaved, but heat
cycled them prior to my first event on them.

GOD DAM_ they rocked at my event last weekend which REQUIRED a 1st
gear downshift that would have broke loose/spun my old R1's.  Read
on......

First tire pressures.  The Kumhos like aboout 5psi more than the R1's
did.  On R1s I was running 32 front 22~24 rear.  At the last event I
wound up running 38 front 30 rear.

Also, the Kumhos are slightly wider than the R1's.  Maximum foot print
w/205.55.14 35ET.

It was much easier to spin, break loose the "Harder" R1's.  The Kumhos
which are softer seem to bite much better.  At the last AutoX, there
was a "pivot cone" (120 degree corner) which was "uphill" after the
pivot.  It was a 1st gear MUST.  I was able to downshift to 1st, put
the power down and pull up the hill.  I can guaranttee if I were on
R1's after the down shift I would have light them up.  It honestly
felt like I had a LSD with the Kumhos.

'nuff said.....run Kumhos they Rule!!!!  BFG is all caught up in
Trans-AM and road race now.  Kumho is a PURE Auto-X tire!!!!!!!!

BTW:  I am now 2nd in points for the drivers championship in my
region.!!!!!

==
- -Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan