Re: Engine code question

>I don't know why your so against hydrolic lifters....most of the people on
>this list they would not make a difference to. I've heard the same thing
>about "floating" the valves at high rpm....but most if us don't see that
>high of RPMS....plus all those 16v guys are hydrolic lifters...and they
>make more power up high, and see higher rpms more concequently.  unless
>your building a dedicated race motor that will see 7000 rpm alot, it
>doens't make any difference whether or not you have soild or hydrolic
>lifters...except with the hydrolic you don't have to adjust your valves
>like you do periodically on the solids.

Well, 'If it's good enough for a 14,000rpm inline-4 Kawasaki, it's good
enough for me' :)

	It just seems to me that simpler is better. A solid lifter doesn't
colapse, or have to rely on oil pressure or anything. It just works. What
can go wrong?? User error/neglect, but then again, that will destroy even
the most robustly designed part.
	The solid lifter also has less mass. Good for revvability.
	In the end, there is only ONE reason to EVER use a hydraulic lifter, and
that is _maintinence_. I dont mind adjusting the valves every 30k for all
the other positives you get from solid lifters. You with me Shawn? :)

The 16v would be a lot better if it had solid lifters!
... and eight valves.   eheheheh

>I think the most CONVIENIENT motor to use is the Hydrolic lifter JH out of
>an 88 and up Cabriolet....I like not having to adjust my valves...and it
>has the SAME size valves as the solid lifter heads.  I did some reseach or
>this cause I was considering putting a solid lifter head on....but found
>out it wasn't worth it...just makes for more work, and no more power.
>
>Eric
>As always...my .02

Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro: 602-1023

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA