Re: Ground effects kit

EGJ123@aol.com wrote:

> Would anyone actually choose to fit one of these?

While driving in Los Angeles, a White Scirocco sporting Style 162
"whizzed" by me.  It didn't have the spoiler featured near the antenna
but it looked odd enough for me to do a double take.  As with all
things, it depends how the body kit is fitted to the car.  The Scirocco
I saw looked like the body parts were glued on...with glue showing in
the cracks.  The rear end was bottomed out (guess it needed new shocks
or springs) and it basically looked pretty cheesey.  Also, the parts
looked like....plastic...like it didn't match the car at all.

As for Style 167, I think Erebuni makes those.  The wing looks nice but
I don't think a moderately tuned Scirocco would generate enough power to
require that size spoiler to keep it from going airborne  *shrug*.  But
if aesthetics is the key, it's a nice wing.  Just my view on the
subject.

Steph