Re: Little Red Flashing light

At 12:32 AM 8/2/98 -0400, Peter Walsh wrote:
>Hello everyone.
>
>I have a question.  I own an 87 Rocco 16v and for some reason the little
>red light that flashes on the temp gauge comes on intermittantly
>(usually right when i start car. have not seen it just pop on)
>Sometimes I can shut the car off and turn it back on to fix the problem.
>But not always, and when driving at night, it really bugs me.
>
>Things I have checked:
>
>Rad fluid level - Perfect
>The temp thing that goes into overflow tank - Looks brand new
>
>Odd things:
>
>Can happen if the car is hot/warm or it could be right when I start it
>up after its been sitting for 10 hours.  Sometimes shutting car off/on
>fixes it
>
>Question:
>
>What could be causing this? How could I fix it?  Could the light be
>trying to tell me something else?? Kind like if brake fluid is low, Park
>Brake light comes on???  Help please, I would like to get this fixed
>ASAP.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Pete
>
>--
I had this problem too.  Turns out it was the relay that turns on the LED.
I just unplugged mine, but replacing it would be good because you would
have your warning light if you don't watch the gauge.
I don't know which relay it is now but the manual should tell you(somewhere
in the upper right side of the relays).

Johnİİ '98  Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİ  Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades, headlight/tailight covers
İİİİİİİİİ '84İ Scirocco (under construction)
          '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)