Re: A/C fixed

Brad Sheridan wrote:

> Not only is Ron extremely pleasant to deal with, and very
> knowledgeable, he's also got about the most reasonable prices around. I had
> to wait about a week to get my car in there to get it worked on, but it was

Hear hear (here here? wtf.), anybody living within 100 miles of Huntington
and NOT worshiping Ron and his shop is doing himself and his VW a serious
disservice.

My airco was fixed there earlier this week.  It needed freon, and the thermo-
switch in the dash was toast.  Now it works fine, but I have warm air leakage
up through the center vents, even with all the dash levers at far left.  When
the a/c is turned on, the air blows kinda room temp out of the center, but
kicks
ass out the sides and would freeze an eskimo.  I asked Ron about it, he says
that the heater piece that's probably leaking the air is totally buried in
the dash, and described it as if they put that part on the chassis first then
built the rest of the car around it.  He's gonna have a look but if it's what
he suspects he says I will likely just want to close the center vents and live
the the a/c from the sides.  Has anybody else dealt with this problem, and
fixed it?  How ugly was it??

I also replaced the cheesy springs with fresh H&R's from Potter, had 2 bent
BBS
wheels repaired, and a bunch of other little stuff (like the windshield
washer,
and seat bracket) fixed too.  I'm now about $1200 into this thing, plus the
$4200 I laid out for it.  The good news is that it's just about totally cherry
at this point.  The last project (for a while) will be to gut the interior and
reinstall everything to get it solid and quieter again.  And the shift linkage
will be rebuilt at the same time.

> While I was getting ready to leave, guess who rolls up? None other than
> Doug and Ian. So we talked for a little while, showed off our cars to each
> other. We really do need to set up a time/place for us 3 and Kevin to meet up.

Maybe at that VW thing at OC fairgrounds in a couple of weeks?

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA