Re: Engine code question

Yeah, there are different 1.8's. I'm not sure of the exact codes (execpt
JH) but the later 1.8's have hydraulic lifters(bad), and some have smaller
valves(worse).

The JH is the best engine for dropping in our old 'roccos IMHO. EASY swap,
it's got solid lifters for better revvablility, and the biggest valves
available, 40mm intake x 33 exhaust. Mine also has air shrouded injectors,
which supposedly helps mileage. We'll see.

At 11:50 AM 8/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Everynow and then, I'll see someone post something about a 1.8l JH engine.
>Are there other types of 1.8 liters available?  If so, what are the
pros/cons?

>The reason I ask is because I'm looking for a 1.8l to throw in my car.  It
>has a 1.6 right now, but I'm wanting to pick up a 1.8 that I can rebuild,
>and work over and drop in eventually.  I just want to make sure I'm not
>getting a 1.8l that is lower power than another... if that makes any sense
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA