Re: Hats and such....

In a message dated 97-09-30 01:59:44 EDT, skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

<< When I went to the auto show at the convention center this year they had
 flyers on a VW club which cost $25 to join. You get a T-shirt and
 discounts on a bunch of stuff that dont really matter on the grand scheme
 of things. You get a Randy McNally map. Window decal. (the VW logo with
 the word "CLUB" below. You get an application for a Visa with the VW logo
 on it. I think this is the real reason for the club.
 I guess if your into buying VW club merchandize the discounts would
 probably add up.  >>

I joined the "Club".  I got exactly what Shawn says you get plus a newletter
type publication.  The Visa card comes with the VW logo(I got one), but they
give you a form that you can send in with your picture(of your car if you
like) and they will issue you a new card with this picture on it(still
looking for that perfect picture). <------That's the best part!   Also when
you use the card you also get credits for each purchase towards a purchase of
your next VW.

Have fun!

-dick-
78 Scirocco