Re: Synthetic oil

> i'm gonna change the oil in my car this week sometime, and iwas just
> wondering if anyone had any thoughts to share on switching over to
> synthetic oil. will it make a big difference for the price diff???
>
> Sean Penny
> '84 Zender Z400 Scirocco (in progress)

Go for Castrol Syntec 10w30.  I've noticed a difference.  It also protects your
engine during cold startups.  I think there's some molybdomen as an additive
that helps with this.  Do it, for the love and longevity of your Scirocco.

ps change the oil filter/air filter/fuel filter too, if you have da money.  The
fuel filter will make a difference if it hasn't been changed in over a year,
and air will make your engine run better if it's dirty.  (perhaps you have
heard of K&N air filters.  They're the sh!t !! reusable >>wash them out, and
recoat with oil<<  they allow greater airflow for more power.)

Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"