Clarification

     Correct me if I am wrong, although I don't think I am. But I seem many
     people refering to 82-> Scirocco's as MkII's.

     It has always been my understanding that all Rabbit/Jetta ->1984 and
     ALL Scirocco's are based on the MkI platform.  And technically a 82->
     Scirocco should be referred to as a MkI Scirocco II.  Scirocco II
     being the designator.

     Reasoning is that nearly any part from a Rabbit (struts, steering
     racks) are interchangeable with any model year Scirocco (16v's have
     exceptions).  In the past the easy way to add rear disk brakes to a
     Rabbit GTi has been to swap the rear axel with a 16v Scirocco.

     Technically an MkII Scirocco should really be a Corrodo, as the MkII
     cars consist of Golf/Jetta 85-> & Corrodo.

     Synonymous with the Mk nomenclature is the A;

        MkI     =       A1 (Rabbit/Jetta ->84, all Scirocco)
        MkII    =       A2 (85->92 Golf/Jetta, Corrodo)
        MkIII   =       A3 (cars at the dealer today)
        MkIV    =       A4 (cars at the dealer soon, including
                                new Beetle, Golf <Audi A3>,
                                new Passat <Audi A4>.

     If I am wrong you may use me as a jack stand for your Scirocco :-)

     -Paul
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
     87 Scirocco 16v (MkI SII)
     87 Jetta GLi (MkII)
     63 Bug (Type 1 or 111) hmmm VW 111, Porsche 911-- I see a pattern