Re: Spelling

Hum.. The Beetle, was called K”fer in Germany, which translated means
Beetle (wonder wonder ?)

The Type 1 was built in 1936 I think (could be 1938 also), and was never
actually produced, as old Adolf needed the Volkswagen Factory to build
the K¸belwagen, which is the miltary version of the Type 1.

The nickname beetle was given to the type 1 by the german buyers who
thought it looked like a beetle because of the hood design. The name
stuck. End of story.

Robert