Re: HP??

> From:          Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>
> To:            SHAWN C MEZE <skerocdriver@juno.com>
> Subject:       Re: HP??

> Well I read somewhere that HP ratings have to be an accurate  average +/- a
> certain number of HP. In a certain sample size (I probobly made no sense

Don't forget, we're talking about an engine hasn't been new for at
least 8 years (I can't remember exactly).  Wear and tear plays a
major role on all engines VW or not.  Therefore the factory spec
should only be used as an idea of wear the HP *should* be, although
most likely its less.

I think all VW's should come with a Dyno integraded into the dash
that way you could monitor the horse power as you drive. :)

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn