Re: 91 Scirocco

> Hi,
>
>  was offered a '91 Scirocco today. It has a 1.9i Passat engine. Thats all I
> know, and it costs 6300 USD. Black. 60k Haven't seen it yet. What ya think?
> How much HP is that engine? 91 - I didn't know they made so young roccos!
> What about the weight and stuff, I mean it's a Passat engine, is that
> heavier or lighter, what happens to the weight distribution?
>
> Thanks for all comments!

The Scirocco was made up until 1992, but not exported everywhere.
Important to note due to the fact the factory is supposed to support
their cars for 10 years, so we've got until 2002 until some of the trim
pieces will become totally unavailable as new.

Anyway, clearly you are not in North America because:
1. You're pricing a 1991 Scirocco, which we never saw.  Although Canada
   did get a 1989 model.
2. It's got a 1.9 Passat engine, which NA never saw.  We got the 2.0 16v,
   the VR6, and now the TDI.

Buy it.  You'll like it.  Then again, I can't be trusted because I want
to see as many Sciroccos as possible go to caring enthusiasts.
BTW, I'm sure the weight difference between whatever engine it came with
and 1.9 in their now is not enough to make a big deal.
It's not like going from a 1.8 JH to a VR6 or anything. :-)

Laytron!

==Brett

==Brett