Re:HP??

> From:          "Nigel Heron" <nigelh@connectmmic.net>
> To:            scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject:       Re: Exhaust Problem/HP??

> don't the 85+ cars have air shrouded injectors? maybe that's the difference?
> they also have a transfer pump in the bigger gas tanks.
>
> Nigel Heron

84 up engines have the air shrowed injectors.  That could mean a HP
diference but only for the 6 months they made the JH without the air
shrowded injectors.

Why does it really matter what the exact HP is???  Its going to be
different on every JH engine even more so now that they are all so
old.  I was quoted 92 HP from the dealer.  Using that as an example a
JH that was beat on a bit might have 90 HP and vica versa.  Even
horse power on brand new cars varies a bit from time to time.

Why does it matter?  The numbers are accurate to one or two horses,
who cares?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...