Re: Exhaust Problem/HP??

>places. The only places I've seen 90 hp figures for 85 up JH engines was
>articles by people who didn't know what they're talking about, and generic
>repair manuals.

I thought the following was a fairly reliable source since it is stated
that it was taken from VW & Porsche Magazine. It covered all JH coded
engines from 84-89.

http://www.ftn.net/~scirocco/performance.html

>   The great VW&P VW engine mod chart(Oct. 90 issue) lists the JH engines
>split into two sections, the 83-84 making 90hp, and the 85 up making 94hp.
>This was hashed over in the newsgroup a few years ago, I don't know if

So, if you are correct, I am happy to have gained the extra 4 ponies
without trying. In addition, someone should e-mail Joe to let him know his
chart is incorrect. The controversy lives.

Regards,
Paul Hanley