Re: More Idle mania!

> |your throttle problems are solved. Of course you could also fix it by
> |swapping on a 52mm throttle body off an A2 or Audi.
> |It worked for me:)
>
> Would such a throttle body give improved performance? or are the parts
> identical? Anyone?

  I put on an Audi 5000 throttle body, it required a little bit of rigging
on the throttle cable arm to get it right, but they work great. The size of
the primary(smaller) opening is identical to stock, but the size of the
secondary is 52mm, compared to 44mm for stock. If you've already put on an
exhaust, it'll probably give you a couple of hp. I've heard that the A2(also
52mm)throttle bodys are a direct swap, but have never tried one. But for
the best result when you swap the throttle bodies, you should also port the
intake manifold to match, otherwise the increased flow of the tb won't help
as much, Note that the Neuspeed A1 throttle body, which people rave about, is
nothing more than a European Audi 5000 throttle body, which is basically
identical to the Audi 5000 unit I used. At $20 or so for a junkyard unit,
its much better than the $200-$300 Neuspeed wants.

Brad