racing update

This letter is about last weeks' events up here in T.O.  Please press
<delete message> now if you don't want to hear about how the Scirocco
16V is stomping all over the competition, then you can quietly take your
sorry selves back to Russia! :P

	For the rest of you with a little time on your hands, here ya are.  We
met up at one of the local spots ("we" means about 70 cars).  Had to
give about 5 minutes to let everyone park.  As soon as all was clear, i
went about my usual pimping to see who wanted to dance.  As is the norm
around these parts, a bunch of guys with some serious looking cars
turned me down.  When I asked why, they told me that they were "Just
here to watch."  Yeah, ok.  Well, with an attitude like that you won't
be watching a helluva lot, cuz no one will run.  These dumb bricks are
the same guys that complain that "Nothing ever happens up here".

	Anyways, I hook up with this guy in a Civic.  He tells me his clutch is
slipping.  Right away I didn't want to run, what's the point.  Well, I
raped him by about 20 car lengths.  Than he tells me that his car is a
cx model that usually really goes good.  :|  Next!  So I start looking
around again, and whilst checking the local population, a Prelude
(non-vtec) and a 1995 BMW 328 go at it.  The Bimmer had him otu of the
whole all three times that they raced, but the Lude had a lot more top
end, thus destroying the BMW (big exhaust, big intake, 83 lb driver, not
a bad combo).  My appetite was whetted, I want to run this Prelude.  I
ask, he agrees.  We go at it.  I stomp him until we hit 4th.  Then he
pulls past me...both times.  Felt good to beat him two out of two.

	Not done yet folks.  Next dish on the menu was a 94 BMW 325is.  I
talked to my buddy beforehand who told me I was going to get spanked.
As I always say, "It's purely for fun.  no money, no honor, and you can
keep your sister."  We lined up, the starter flagged us, and I spun my
tires too much.  I hooked up just a fraction of a second after he did,
I'm afraid, and he took me by less than a car.  I really wanted to go
again with a better start, but he was parked about 4 seconds after we
ran.  He still would have taken me cuz he pulled on me in every gear,
but not by too much.

	Some other cool runs:  Brand new, 2 week old 97 Vette with the 6-speed
gearbox.  He went up against one of the regulars in a highly tricked out
94(?) T-Bird SC.  The Vette took him near the end.  That's pretty cool,
but not as cool as the guy who decided to run behind them.  A 91 Talon
TSi with a ton of work started just a fraction _after_ the T-Bird/
Vette, and had to hop off the gas so as to not _rear end_ the Vette.

	I am a hardcore VW fanatic thru and thru, but those Talons (and the
Eclipses which we don't have here in Canada) make me drool.  The last
race was the third run between a white Alpina 32(?) and a beauty blue
M3.  Right at the end of the track, one of them got bit by the local
law-enforcement.   Thank Jesus Jumped-up Christ!  I was next in line
with a 4WD Turbo Celica.  Luck o the draw I s'pose.

	Last run of the night was against this skirted 8V Rocco that happened
to pass by the boy-racer hangout.  I hopped in my car and met up with
him at a red light (the benefits of running at 5:00 in the morning.  We
jumped off the line, and I shmoked him.  There was no pleasure in
defeating him.  Simply pleasure in finally running with another
Scirocco.

	Well, I'm done...until tomorrow night.  Weather permitting, of course.

jason  (AKA Scirocco-guy or Scirocco) *sigh* :)
87 16V