Poor Bastard

Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to take my 88 16V on a road trip today to drop off
my buddy at an airport about 80 miles from home.  On the way back I was
feeling quite mellow and cruising at about 63 or so in a 60 (Pretty mellow
indeed, right?)  Well, next thing I know a little blue Ford (Festiva, I
think) storms up behind me.  I wasn't in a hurry and didn't feel like
speeding up at all so I just continued at my steady pace.  I knew the guy
would have a hell of a time passing me at these speeds but I almost hoped
he would just so he wasn't sitting on my ass.  Then a funny thing
happened...

We came to a nice, steady hill, maybe about 2 miles long.  Nothing to
bother the Scirocco, of course, and I jsut cruised up it business as usual.
 This guy behind me, though, looked as if he put it in reverse.  He must
have slowed to 35 or so just trying to make it up.  I had a good chuckle
and was happy to be rid of him.  So imagine my surprise when he storms up
on me on the next long flat straightaway.  By this time I was actually
feeling a little racy, and decided that I'd make him work to pass me,
especially since if he got ahead, I'd likely get pissed later when I
wouldn't be able to get by.  To make a long story short, he never even got
close and I passed about 7 other cars (this is all in a fairly good
downpour) while he got stuck behind all of them.

Just another nice cruise on the freeway when you have a 16V.  I couldn't
help but pity him, though, but then again, anyone who chooses to buy a crap
car like that should know what they're getting into from the test drive.

By the way, Ryan Schuermann, the grill mod didn't make any noticeable temp.
decrease on my car.  Sure looks cool, though.

Steve Theodore