Tachometer (RPM) Trouble

'Rock on

Um.  At times, my Tachometer will become disconnected, and not read
anything but zero.  It seems to happen when I hit bumps just the
right way.  It usually fixes itself while my 'rocco is parked for
a while.

I don't know where the pickup for RPM's is on the motor (and/or where
any loose connections could be on the way to the Instrument Cluster)
 I already pulled out the cluster and ensured that all of the
plugs there are passing current (whew).

All this started when I beat up my car on a Rough Logging
road. I promise never to abuse my "Schwartz Rakete" again (german for
"Black Rocket".  I love it too much to see it hurting.

PS. I fixed my reply address.  Thanx all.....
Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
<It's a nearly immaculate tire eating stock machine>
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"