Re: 16V otto motor

>Hey
>
>I just chatted with a guy who has an ottinger 2.2L in his Scirocco.  Sounds
>awesome.  I told him how to sign up on the list -- let's hope he does.

Speaking of Oettinger 2.2L motors I had the opportunity to drop one into my
16v last month for 5000CDN.  It also had a pair of Schrick 268s and a 50mm
intake manifold.  However I did not have 5000 at the time, nor will I have
5000 anytime soon :( :(  Thanks for reminding me...:( :(

On the positive side, I did get the intake manifold!  Boy does it look good
on top of the cyl head....and it works too, despite the fact that my cams
are stock US spec (tho I have a Supersprint header w/o cat).  Previously I
was dead even with a friend's '93 Si, now I pull at least a car length thru
3rd.  Not sure what this translates to numerically, but on paper I should
have gained 4-5hp.

ISO head work and a new set of sticks...:)