Re: American headlight spruce-up

> I removed the lightbulb retainers from all four headlights and
> painted them charcoal-black (greyish?) to match my car's paint.  It
> really made a positive difference in the looks.  Try it, you might be
> suprised.

     Yeah, I did this on my 79'  It looks great.  I actually painted the
inner retainers black and left the outer ones silver.  I wanted to make my
quad 5.75" lights look more like the Euro GTI setup with 7" lights and the
5" driving lights.  From far away it seems as if the inner lights are a
little smaller than the outer ones.  I also put in new H4's with 55/100w
bulbs that I got from Potterman at Virtual World Parts and DAMN do they
light up the night sky!  Thanks Mike  ;-P  Plans of upgrading to 80/100
soon and perhaps a new set of H1's with 100w bulbs.

> ps. how can I get a Bentley Manual?  Most of the auto stores don't
> seem to have them.  Just the crappy old Haynes ones that befuddle and
> obfusticate things.  (I looked in a thesaurus for confuse)

     Check in any issue of European Car and you are sure to find a vendor
for them.  I got mine from New Dimensions at around 36-39 bucks a few
years back.  I know there are many others in that mag that advertise as
well so you should have no problem finding one in there.  HTH...

   radiator coolant green MK-I  (Tee Hee Shawn)
  Andre'