Re: MY Car's Mods and a few problems......

SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> I agree here too. BUT! As temps go up and even under pressure, coolant
> has a higher boiling point that will keep the H2o in the radiator as a
> fluid and not a gas. Am I right?

This statement is correct.

> No, not to the extreme extent of the big picture its not a hinderance. In the racing world, I still think it can be. Have you ever watched the 1-2 lap qualifying they do. Ever notice that by the second lap or sometimes even on the first lap how the overflow is spewing water on the track? Id say its boiling.

I'd say it's not.  I'd say that as the race car's engine heats the
coolant up, and the system pressurizes, an overfull system with a
non-functioning (and possibly illegal) catch tank makes life hell for
following drivers.

>But for the type of driving I do, or even just general commuter driving, id want some coolant in my radiator just because its a good idea.

It is a good idea. I said that I recommended in your climate to run less
than half a gallon of antifreeze/coolant, 1 bottle Water Wetter
(optional), and the rest water.  Am I right?

Jim