Re: MY Car's Mods and a few problems......

> Both my Scirocco and my GLi never see water temps over 190F under normal
> to moderate driving no matter what the air temp is. (And its been in the
> 100's here in San Diego for the last few weeks.) and my oil temp in my
> Scirocco never gets over 200F. (With a New Dimensions oil cooler. Thanks
> Tim!)

I was under the impression that having your oil get over 100C was a
somewhat desireable thing.  If it does not, how else does it burn off
moisture and some of the lighter crud that will inevitably accumulate?  VW
puts the redline on the factory oil temp gauge in my '79 S at 150C, so I
guess they must think that higher temperatures are not entirely
undesireable.  Or am I completely off the mark?  I have a 5qt oil pan and
the late model removeable-pickup oil pump with the clip on plastic windage
tray/ baffle, and I run 15w-50 Mobil1 that I change every 3-4k miles.  And,
I run a mostly water mixture (90/10) in my cooling system, with the
addition of a bottle of Water Wetter, that I flush/change on a yearly
basis.  And still a hard but short run late at night will push the oil temp
to approx. 130C ahd the water temp to 3/4.  But I never approach the
redline on either gauge.
My .02$.
Aaron
:-) >