Re: MY Car's Mods and a few problems......

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:51:48 -0500 (CDT) SgtPeper
<sgtpeper@eagle.ais.net> writes:
>i am at a different house right now but i know that the thermostat is
>170 degrees and is only about 2 years old at the most...

Its old enough to be junk.

>i dont know about pressure in the lines when its hot but what would
>that mean if they were preasurized???

You want pressure in the cooling system when its hot. Liquid under
pressure will cool better (Its a thermal dynamics thingie) than liquid
that is not. That is why if you have no pressure in the cooling system,
then your simple problem is the radiator cap. (Or a leak somewhere.) The
cooling system is set with something like 13-14lbs (Dont quote me, im
guessing here) of pressure before the radiator cap will vent. Your
problem could simply be a $5 radiator cap.
Again, squeeze the hose when the car is warm/hot and if it is soft, (Like
a little rubber ball with a hole in it.) there you go. If it is firm
(Like squeezing somebodys arm.) then you got other problems.

>i take any and all suggestions!!!
>
>Jeff

OK then, how about using a chemical flush??
I take all responses as useful info to help you try and discover and fix
your problem.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and