Re: MY Car's Mods and a few problems......

>I think Pure water cools good but rusts the block, blows gaskets? (Is this
>right) and who knows whatever else evils.

I remember reading that the all-conquering Honda turbo motors for the
McLaren F1 cars used pure water for coolant because it had a higher heat
conductance and/or heat capacity than glycol.  They just had the system
under really high pressure to prevent boilover.  Just one of the advantages
of running a motor that gets torn down after every day of driving and never
sees freezing temperatures.

Unrelated, but whatever happened to Synthoil (sp?) that used to be
trumpeted in every issue of VW&P?

b-------