Re: Spare tire poll

> I have question  or two for everyone on the list.  Does anyone NOT drive
> around with a spare tire in their Scirocco?  Do you carry a can of
> FIX-O-Flat?
>
> My friend doesn't carry a spare in his GTI.  Only when he heads out of town
> does he put his spare in the car.  He has an Orion 12" sub built into his
> spare tire well. Its AWESOME.  I'm considering doing this.  I live in a town
> of 40,000 and can be any where in it within 10 min.  Never to far away from
> home.  What are all your thoughts on it.

  I carry two spares in my car:) I have the half size spare, just because I
don't have any other use for it, might as well have it along, and I also
have a full size teardrop spare. I managed to blow out two tires, and bend
one rim, in fairly short order in the pre olympic construction in Atlanta
due to huge chunks of road being dug up. Anyhow, after two blow outs in such
a short time, I'd rather have a spare so that if I have one blow out, I can
use a full size spare AND still have the space saver spare as backup. I
would view driving on a Fix-O-Flatted tire as being on par with driving on a
space saver. I'd be worried enough about it that I would want to drive
slowly on it, and I certainly wouldn't be able to hold off getting the tire
fixed/replaced until its convenient like I can now.

Brad