Re: Q: Engine mount.

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997 16:25:26 -0400 (EDT) Lev  Pelekh <lqp7160@is.nyu.edu>
writes:
>Hey everyone. Sorry if this's been discussed. I think the engine mount
>is bad on my '87 16v (bad clicking noise when fast off the spot or under

>hard breaking). My Repair Manual doesn't mention engine mounts at all.
>Before I take it to a mechanic I decided to consult you guys. How hard
>/expensive is it to replace? What's a fair price to pay for work and
>parts if it's not a minor job? Thanx a mill for your help.

First find which motor mount is bad. Then worry about replacing it.
Chances are good that you need to replace 3 of the 4 anyways so you might
as well make a day of it and do the job right.
If you have any mechanical skills, you can do this job yourself. If you
need the passenger mount, the Potterman sells the new mounts already
pressed in the motor mount housing, so just send him your old mount in
exchange. (Right Mike??)
You CAN do these yourself.

>Like my signature?

Love it more than you know.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and