Re: modified grill pics

>You know, it looks alot like the later A2 grills. Very clean looking. As
>to how to keep rocks and other debris from getting through there and
>damaging condensers or radiators, how about some mesh screen behind the
>grill? (not screening like on house windows, something with strength.)
>Ideas?
>
>              Shawn Meze

That's the only thing preventing me from doing the official "Scirocco-L
grill mod" too.  I don't have any A/C condensors back there, but I do have
a set of air horns that I'd rather not have so visible, and if/when I get
an oil cooler I'd be concerned about damage.

Anyone have any idea where to find a mesh strong enough for the job?  I was
thinking fireplace screen, or maybe an open-type speaker grill mesh.