Re: Re>VW Power

At 12:00 AM -0700 9/6/97, Brad Sheridan wrote:
>Shawn wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 6 Sep 1997 02:05:51 -0400 Kathy Teulie
>> <104372.1061@compuserve.com> writes:
>> >This is a copy of my E-Mail to EC
>> >

>> Dear EC
>>
>> We at the Scirocco internet list need a good publication to review.

Who's "we?"  I don't disagree, but speaking for 100 people without
permission is risky....

>> In the old days VW & P was a great reference and was full of great
>> info and ideas on VW A1's, A2's and news of the new A3's.

VW&P ended long before A3, did'nt it?  I think so.

I kept all
>> my issues.
>> There is a Corrado list, and an Audi GT list and a water cooled list.
>> We would like a VW only mag that we can review and use as a reference.

Hmmmm...

>> There
>> are about 100 Scirocco members on the Internet list and we exchange
>> information each day. This exchange is without advertising and at no
>> cost. This is
>> where you could step in.

It sounds like you are asking them to provide something directly to the
Scirocco list.  Are you?  I don't think you are, but that is what it sounds
like.

>> We would love coverage and tips on performance mods and parts. You
>> could show footage and show cars.

Are you talking of a movie??  TV show?  "Footage" typically refers to
motion film.

>> Race footage would be great. The GTI pro series could be covered. How
>> to do motor mounts fix our VDO speedos and valve jobs etc etc. I would
>> love this kind of mag.

Problem is, in their mind, they've already done this.  They've done several
articles about VW stuff, cycled through it all a couple of times.  Is there
incentive for them to do an *early* VW magazine?  No, because we are'nt a
good risk/not a good reason to publish something for us.  Do I want an A3
magazine?  No.

I know why VW & P went EC
>> but BMW has taken over the mag. I call it M3 and lesser cars from
>> Europe. Yes I still want an M3
>> but it will be years before I will get one.

They all spell checked it, but who's doing the grammar?  That's a big part
of my problem with "we," as *I* don't misspell things(often), *I* don't use
poor grammar.  I don't care that you do, Doug, but I'd rather you not speak
for me:).

 So for now could you
>> produce a VW mag for the rest of us?
>> You could call it " VW Power."

Who came up with the title?   Did you?  If you did not come up with this
title, don't make it sound like you did.  If you did, I like the title.

>> I would love a copy.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Doug
>> 87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
>> Euro bumpers, headlights, and much more.

>> I hope you didn't send them this message yet. if not, then send them this
>> corrected message above, I spell checked it for you. :)
>>

>>               Shawn Meze

> And I spell checked the spell checker. You missed Corrado:)
>
>Brad

I bitched and whined about grammar, voice, all that good stuff that no one
seems to care about.  No offense intended, I try really hard to refrain
from being the spelling cop on the net, but you guys started it!

Mannix