Re: Gear lube leak

>Jason Brunberg wrote:
>
>Anyways, my tranny blew the fuck apart two weeks ago.  There is a good
>chance that it is the result of Redline MTL.

First of all, the chances that Resline did any damage to your tranny are
probably 0.000000001%. (Never say never.) Your tranny was probably gonna
self destruct anyways.
Its well known that using a senthetic tranny fluid or engine oil on a
high mileage powerplants can find the weak spots in all the seals and
will leak rather profusely on some cases. Thats just how synthetic fluids
work, but the advantages they give are completely worth the cost.

>On Wed, 03 Sep 1997 19:03:21 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>I use Redline MT90 in my 1987 Scirocco 16v and want to get some more
>information on your experience.  First, how many miles were on the
>tranny to begin with?  Was it one of those "cursed" ones?  What
>prompted you to change fluid anyway?  I'm truly curious, because since
I've
>used this product, my shifting has improved (especially in cold weather)

>and syncro grind on rapid shifts was eliminated.
>
>Jim
>1987 Scirocco 16v
>1982 Rabbit Convertible
>1996 Jetta GLS
>1997 Driver's Edition GTiVR6 (on certain weekends)

Right, I think that most everybody that has used synthetic fluids in the
tranny has has similar experiences.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and