Re: VR6 rims

>	What is the bolt pattern and hub size for the VR6 cars?

5 x 100mm bolt pattern...not sure of hub size, but make sure
she gets hubcentric rims.

>	Also, if any of you are running 17x7.5" rims on your GTI, what offset are
>	you using?

I'm running 16 x 7.5 with a 35mm offset.  They feel the well quite
nicely.  But 17's fill better. ;-)  Most people with the 17's also
have a 35mm offset, some have 30mm.

>	What tire size?

I have 225/40/16.  Most guys with 17's have 205/40/17, 205/45/17
or 215/40/17.  I don't like the 17" idea, though.  You can't
maintain stock height, which you know already.

>	Are you lowered and do you rub at all?

I'm not lowered yet and yes I rub when hitting a bump
with people in the back or other extra weight.  The left
rear scrapes.  She'll be fine with 205 or 215...the 225s
are a little too wide.  I can send a pic to you if you
want of the 16" look if you haven't seen one yet.

>I am getting some rims for my sisters 97 GTI VR6 and I want to be informed
>before looking.  Thanx in advance....

Would u like me to post this to the GTI list or if you want to
subscribe, I can get the instructions for you.  Lemme know...

-Mike
95 GTI VR6
92 GTI 16V