Re: Almost crashed!

Kevin McGrath wrote:

> Christopher Mende wrote:
>
> > I know it is a bit of an unrelated thread, but I was in my rocco, so
> > it
> > should be topical. ;-)
> >
> > I was driving through and intersection when I noticed a motor home
> > waiting
> > at the light of the leftside cross traffic....oh, about 30-35 feet
> > long,
> > and I noticed a VW symbol on the grill!  This was definately a new
> > machine.
> >
> > When did VW start making motorhomes?? Cool! :)
> >

> I've seen one of those too, back in my home town someone ownes one and
> get this they drive it around all the time it's their daily dirver. Kind
> of wierd jumping into the motor home to go get groceries.
>
> My neighbor used to work at the VW dealer in town and knows this guy
> appearently he dosen't have any other cars. These VW motor homes are
> finished by Winabego.

Yes, it's pretty cool.  They call it the mini-Winnie.  On a similar
note, I was looking at a VR6 Eurovan camper in Toronto last weekend, and
noticed that the intake runners were different, so I'm assuming that
it's set up for more torque.  Kind of makes me wonder if anyone has put
this set-up on a Golf or Corrado, and what the result would be.  Maybe
it would be good for drags?

Jim