Most annoying thing to happen to my 'rocco

Hi,

for the first time I was seriosly pissed at my rocco. I came home from a
party, 5AM, entered the garage, turned off the engine and tried to switch
off the lights. The f switch did not make a move! I tried gently, then I
pushed it real hard. NOTHING HAPPENED. Ok. I decided to take off the
battery -. Remembered - no, that will mess the alarm. So I went for the
fuses. My car is German, so I learned 3 new German words: right parking
lights, left parking, numberplate lights. When I took the car out the next
morning I noticed I forgot about the speedometer light. Whatever. The
headlights wouldn't work too. Whatever. Ok, I'll fix the switch. NO. I'll
have to open the hole damn front interior for that! I guess. Do any of you
know if there's a easier way to change the switch?

And now that I'm writing - I remembered this another annoying thing - when
my car is low on fuel (less than 10 litres or so) and I take a right
corner, it doesn't get fuel out of the tank and it feels like someone
stepped on the brakes. The fuel pump under the car goez ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Is
it a general VW problem, I doubt not.

Arno,
86 8v 1.8i 8   8  8   8   8   8