Re: NOS

> The stuff you buy at the speed shop is not neccesarily low grade.  If it is
> from Nitrous Oxide Systems(NOS), it has about 2% sulfur dioxide mixed into it.
> They do this intentionally to make it stink. So "kids" won't inhale it.

you are correct I was wrong in thinking it was a poor grade. the just
add sulfur..which really isn't that good for your car's combustion
chamber if your a purist.

> NOS's systems start at a 50HP shot.  You might be able to buy the right jets
> to get down to 25HP, but why bother?  The suggested location for the single
> fogger nozzle is about 2 inches in front of the throttle plate.  The tank
> weighs 25 lbs. full.  That's 15 lbs. for the tank and 10 lbs. of nitrous.
> There is also a bottle that will hold 20 lbs. and it's twice as long as the 10
> lbs. bottle(about 3 feet long).  What kind of tank do you have that weighs 75
> lbs.?  One from a hospital?

wel I got a #24 nozzle..what does that mean? the shop said I could
get a biger one if it wasn't enough. I have a industrial Nitrous
Oxide size F tank. I also have a M size tank..but it doesn't even fit
in my trunk!..well maybe if I removed all my speaker equipmend and
removed the back seat! the F tank when full weighs around 75lbs

> About "good times".  I am ear to ear smiles everytime I take a shot.  In first
> gear, its wheelspin all the way to readline(activation after 3000rpm, stock
> 4-speed). In second, still have wheelspin but it does eventually hook up.

I'm leery about injecting it in 1-3rd gear, will prob only run it
sparingly in 4th and 5th.

as a follow up I now have all the NOS system parts, and was going to
get the tank on a 1 day fillup but I decided no rush, I still need a
feul mixture meter.

Ryan