Re: NOS

OK,
I have to say something.  I have nitrous on my '78.(w/'84 euro-GTI).

In a message dated 97-10-30 14:30:13 EST, rts@phoenix.net (Ryan Schuermann)
writes:

<< oh jeesh that same kid probably sniffs glue! The crap NO2 you buy at
 speed shops is a low grade, thats why it stinks soo damn bad when you
 burn it. If you're able to get medical grade (the stuff you inhale at
 the doctors office) it'll be 1> cheaper 2> better for your car.>>

The stuff you buy at the speed shop is not neccesarily low grade.  If it is
from Nitrous Oxide Systems(NOS), it has about 2% sulfur dioxide mixed into it.
They do this intentionally to make it stink. So "kids" won't inhale it.
Supposedly the medical grade stuff is not any better.  But I would think you
need to show some proof that you were in the medical profession to purchase
it.

 <<I have been contemplating adding a NO2 mister nozzle, just to add a
 little HP(prob 10-25) all the time.(well while throttle is engaged)
 but have to clue where to locate it..below the air plate? in the air
 boot before the t-body..after the tbody? I got no clue how to add 1
 mister nozzle, plus my tank weights around 75lbs full so heh, would I
 really get any value out of adding it to my car...I think I'll stick
 to having a good time at home with it. and look for Hp via another
 path. >>

NOS's systems start at a 50HP shot.  You might be able to buy the right jets
to get down to 25HP, but why bother?  The suggested location for the single
fogger nozzle is about 2 inches in front of the throttle plate.  The tank
weighs 25 lbs. full.  That's 15 lbs. for the tank and 10 lbs. of nitrous.
There is also a bottle that will hold 20 lbs. and it's twice as long as the 10
lbs. bottle(about 3 feet long).  What kind of tank do you have that weighs 75
lbs.?  One from a hospital?

About "good times".  I am ear to ear smiles everytime I take a shot.  In first
gear, its wheelspin all the way to readline(activation after 3000rpm, stock
4-speed). In second, still have wheelspin but it does eventually hook up.

I don't know of very many bolt-ons that cost only $12 per HP.

You can spend more money but can you have as much fun?

-dick-
'78 Scirocco
Original Owner.