Re: PS vs. HP

Hello

steve theodore schrieb:

> I am no authority on this but I do *not* think that the European PS is
> equal to HP.  I believe the number in PS is actually a bit higher than the
> equivalent HP amount.  The only reason I say this is that I've seen some
> cars sold in both Europe and America and if memory serves, the PS number
> always seemed a bit higher.  Sorry if I'm way off on this one, but when I
> saw the supposed 380 hp out of a MK 1 Scirocco, I had to say something.

Well, I don¥t know the relation between PS (Pferdest”rken) and HP
(Horse-Power?) either.
But I mentioned, that those 380 PS are about 279kW which are 279.000 W
(You probably know Watt to measure your Car-Hifi :-)   )
If you know relation between HP and kW you can calculate PS->HP
1.36 PS equals 1kW.

and this turbo-charged 2.9 VR6 MKI has really 380 PS, I¥ve seen it with
my own two eyes (on the official car document from german TÐV)
the owner of the car said, that even 400 PS are possible,if some
additional modifications are done.

best regards
Dirk
Scirocco II - modified (only 120 PS) :-)