Re: Springs

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, pete&marcia wrote:

> How did the plates affect your ride, was it because of the alignment?
> Kinda curious, that's the next thing on my list.

The alignment actually helped, in a way - I'm using the plates for caster
more than camber, and the extra caster makes the car track straighter
(plus the steering wheel has a better on-center feel with it).

The ride is worse because I removed the nice squishy stock strut bushings -
you know how people say putting the polyurethane strut bushings on will
hurt the ride?  Well, in this case, you end up with a metal plate with a
spherical bearing mounted in it...

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/