Re: Help!

> Hello All!
>
>      I am in need of your advice and help if at all possible.  I need a flex
> pipe that goes between the cat and the manifiold.  The VW dealer wants 829.00
> bucks for the dang thing, and there has to be another way.  This is for a
> friend of mine who has a 88 Rocco 16v 1.8.  If there is anyway that any of
> you have or can find that part for a reasonable price than please let me
> know.  All of you were the first people I thought about when I heard of his
> problem.  I would hate to see another Rocco go to an early grave simply
> because of an exhaust pipe.  All responses are greatly appriciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff
> Amigo82@aol.com

Everyone with a Scirocco 16v will face this problem someday.  As far as
solutions go....

Techtonics Tuning used to make a weld in replacement kit for this problem
prone flex coupling.  I don't believe that they do anymore, but contact
them anyway.  I think that I was only about $150.  They do sell a complete
downpipe, flex coupling, and cat for $389 or so.  This is the same (or
better) part that your dealer wants $829 for, seems like a good savings.
(that's an understatement)  I've had their new stainless downpipe/cat
on my car for a few years now with no problems.

==Brett