Re[2]: Wingin'

Mark A. Peele wrote:

> Thanks, I think with my wild imagination i envisioned a third
> (unknown to U.S.) version  that might have been used only on Euro
> GTXs pre-'85.
>
> My balloon has been deflated!
>  . . . Mark
> Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975

Yeah, I don't know how what the part number is, but THERE WAS
a third wing installed on factory Mk2 Sciroccos in Europe.
You are right Mark, it was on the pre-'86 GTXs, was
installed in the same location as the 'small spoiler' but
was bigger and more purposefull looking, but did not have
the plastic going up the sides of the hatch. Cars equipped
with it continued to have the Scirocco decal stencilled below
this spoiler, as in the case of the small spoiler equipped cars.
(The decal does not fit well below the BIG 16v style spoiler)
This rare spoiler was made by Zender. There some pictures of it
on p.57-58 of the VW Power and Style book by Ian Kuah. Sorry
I don't have access to a scanner, folks!

--
K.B.
'88 Scirocco 16v