Re: 2.0L (1.8 vs 2.0 head)

> At 07:13 PM 10/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hey Mike good score,
> > Just stick with the 2.L. I'm sure you will be happy. If I were you I
> >would use the head off of your 1.8, cause it has better size ports for
> >max horespower.
> >
> >           Andy,
> >       Warp factor 9

I just have to put this to rest (again).  Contrary to popular myth, the
1.8 does *not* have better air flow throughout the head.  There I've said
it.  Here's the actual difference between the 1.8 and 2.0 16v heads as
far as air flow concerns are:  The 1.8 has a better air CFM intake port
configuration, while the 2.0 head has a better exhaust air CFM port
configuration (when comparing them to eachother).  I have flow graphs to
back this up.
Now, what does this mean on the street?  My theory is that the better
intake flow of the  1.8 head was designed in to help with low-end power,
which the 2.0 engine makes up for this in cubic displacement.

==Brett