Re: Wheels

> >> Will a 17X7.5 fit under a MK2 without mods?
> >> with 205/40/17 wheels
> >
> >    Well if I get a friend of mine *Bradley* over here with his 16V I can
> >throw on my 17x7.5 with 35mm offset on and we can see where it might hit.
> >I will see if he is up to it sometime.
> >
> > Andre'

>         That'd be great, but he might not let you take them off ;>

  Are the people who want 17" rims worried about bending rims? I've bent 15"
rims, and even 14" rims on potholes. If I were to get more rims, I MIGHT go
to 15x7, as it did give it a nice look, and I could tell a pretty big perf.
difference between 15" rims and 13" rims. But I would not consider anything
larger, as bending a rim seems all to easy even on a 15" rim. On a larger rim,
with a bit shorter sidewall, it would seem that bending a rim would be
a regular occurence. For the people with these big rims, are your roads
super smooth, or do you just drive extremely slowly to keep from bending the
rims? Have any of you bent rims?

Brad